Assistance is provided in the following areas:
- Applying for affordable housing and Housing Choice Voucher Programs.
- Locating affordable, quality apartments for rent.
- Receiving assistance for eviction prevention and utility costs.
- Securing emergency and temporary shelter.
- Obtaining information regarding tenant rights and responsibilities.
The Center is developing a database of available subsidized housing developments and programs and is compiling a monthly listing of available apartments for rent. The Center provides both individual and group housing counseling and education sessions to low-income individuals and families. The services of the Housing Center are available to community residents and are coordinated with our Homeless Continuum of Care, local Department of Social Services and Health Department, faith-based organizations, housing providers, and landlords.
People First Benefits
- Offering quality, affordable housing opportunities.
- Revitalizing neighborhoods, rehabilitating properties, and offering stabilization activities.
- Providing partnerships with private and public entities to optimize resources through innovative programs.
- Efficiently and effectively managing resources.
- Offering education, literacy, social, career development and economic self-sufficiency programs for our residents.